Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pieces of Me

Like the feeling of barnacles upon my barefoot and the sound of silence as I sat in peace upon the moss ridden logs of my childhood forest, there are pieces of me that are embedded into the veins of my body and the frame of my soul. I gathered them as I walked through life collecting them, possessing them, entwining my life around them. They are me. I am Me. I am not myself without them. Without the feeling of loneliness that followed me around as a child. My only friend for miles, without it I wouldn't have the stories that I wrote, that I lived and breathed through as I grasped for a life that I could not lead. Where would I be without the scar on my head, a result of a slow motion scene as I stood watching a soaring island of ice make its way towards my head propelled from the hands of an angered girl. Angry girls equal angry amounts of blood seeping into the white of snow on that chilled winter day as a crowding of children stood watch. And my crumpled body was lifted by the foreign aged arms of the new principal and dragged off to a waiting nurse. There are scars upon my body dotting the constellations of my life. Upon my brow where a knife cut into my month old body removing a part of me that threatened my life, my appearance, my existence. Beneath my eye where without warning, I felt a writers tool puncture my skin releasing its ink into my blood and releasing its holders anger upon my body. Upon my hand for when I grasped a glass too tight, my palm for when I shattered the door of my home. Upon every inch of my body there lies a whitened mark of dead skin more shiny than the rest, reminding my of my ceaseless carelessness and of my many adventured journeyed upon untried paths of the overgrown gullies surrounding my life, my world, my home. And so these are the pieces of me, the stars of my life, the dots that make up my constellation. But you wouldn't see this constellation unless I told you of it, drew it for you, traced it out. Instead all that you see when I walk in this world is one light among a sea of stars.

No comments: